2021 Beyond Treats and Timeouts: Support for Challenging Behaviors On-Demand (District License)
Support for behaviors that are challenging.
This district license gives all PreK-12th grade special and general education teachers, related service professionals, paraprofessionals, educational leaders, coaches, and inclusion facilitators full access to a four part on-demand series about a different approach to support students with behaviors that are challenging. Each of the four sessions is two hours and co-taught by Dr. Julie Causton, Dr. Kristie Pretti-Frontczak, and Dr. Kate MacLeod. Learn more about their work here. Each session provides practical strategies for shifting from a "behavior management" mindset (that punishes students for "bad" behavior or rewards students for "good" or "compliant" behavior) to an approach that supports all students—with kindness, creativity, acceptance, and love.
- 24/7/365 access to a customized dashboard with a single login for everyone in your district
- Unlimited seats for all staff
- Sharable recordings and resources without needing additional permission for ongoing PD
- Get Ready!
- Normal is a myth
- Relationships are key
- Bad behavior is not what it seems
- You are a boat captain
- Get Set!: Part 1
- Understand what is happening in the brain
- Helping all students feel safe, seen, soothed, and have secure attachments
- Get Set!: Part 2
- How to reduce stressors that push students out of the zone of optimal learning
- What to do instead of using public discipline, behavior charts and rewards/punishments
- Experience Success
- Responding and supporting during and after big emotions
- Collaborative success plans
- Refueling and self-care
- Four on demand sessions (120 minutes/session) with Dr. Julie Causton, Dr. Kristie Pretti-Frontczak, and Dr. Kate MacLeod
- Lifetime access to recorded sessions
- Lifetime access to a customized web-based dashboard with real-life examples and tons of research-based resources
Want just a seat or two instead of a district-wide access to the sessions? Click here to learn how.