Four Filters Lesson
Needs vs. Wants Lesson
- Participants will list and describe how the “four filters” can be used for generating IEP worthy goals
- Participants will develop questions that help determine what a child needs to learn and if it requires specially designed instruction
- Participants will assess the extent to which IEP goals “pass” the four filters
- Participants will distinguish between needs and wants as well as disability vs. delay vs. difference
- Participants will analyze stressors that impede learning for children as well as for themselves
- Participants will articulate how triggers have impacted the learning of children they know and/or themselves
What Matters Lesson
Zig Zag Process Lesson
- Participants will describe how relationships between members of the IEP team (including families and students) are foundational to getting at what matters in terms of identifying IEP goals and planning specialized instruction
- Participants will engage in writing IEPs using their hearts and their minds
- Participants will consider what matters to them and the families within their community
- Participants will describe the concept of the zig zag framework as it applies to diverse learners, including children who struggle but may not quality for early childhood special education services
- Participants will utilize new skills to identify IEP goals and design instruction that falls within a child’s zone of proximal development
- Participants will reflect on when, where, and under what context they have observed any of the seven (7) learning progressions, as well as what they would do in the future to address them
By downloading the video, audio, or PDF files of the Framework and Formula for Writing Meaningful IEPs (the “online course”), you acknowledge acceptance of a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free license from B2K Solutions, Ltd., to use the online course. B2K Solutions, Ltd., grants license to you, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You may use all or a portion of the online course.
- You may not remove the copyright notice on the online course, and all use of the online course shall be with attribution to B2K Solutions, Ltd.
- You may not modify, amend, or prepare derivative works of the online course for further dissemination and use.
- The license is personal, and while you may use it in the online course to improve your practice, you may not sell the online course or any training or other services related to the online course to others without our explicit, written permission. Furthermore, you may not publish, distribute, or disseminate the online course, in part or as a whole, to others, or copy the online course, in part or as a whole, for use in combination with other materials. If others are interested in receiving the online course content, please refer them to our website link to register and download the material.
At anytime, you can upgrade from the basic package to the premium or the elite package. Here are the steps:
- Log into the kristiepf.com site
- Go to https://kristiepf.com/account/
- Click on Subscriptions
- Click on Change Plan for the Basic Package subscription
- Click on the upgrade (premium or elite)
- Your CC will be billed the prorated amount