The Inspired Advocate Video Series
Empowerment & Advocacy for Effective IEP Meetings
Parents — is there a paraprofessional in your life who could benefit from our online video course for paraprofessionals? Why not gift the course to them as part of your work to inspire greater inclusion for your child!? Learn more about our engaging and exciting paraprofessional video course right here!!
I’m Julie Causton. As a Professor at Syracuse University in the Inclusive and Special Education Program, an educational consultant to school districts all over the United States and Canada, and a former special education teacher, I’ve spent my career becoming a leader in the field of Inclusive Education.
I’m passionate about bringing inclusive classrooms to all of our children.
Inclusive classrooms provide the best educational opportunities, and I’m here to empower you to advocate for inclusive classroom experiences.
You Desesrve an Effective IEP Meeting
The annual IEP meeting is the most important opportunity you have to advocate for your child’s educational experience. I know what it takes to have these meetings be effective, and this program allows you to prepare systematically, spending less time and producing better results.
Knowledge is Power
In Inspired Advocate, I provide you with the research – not just the text, but what that research means, to you, your student, and your school district – as well as how you can best use this information to advocate for your child. You’ll be able to take this research and information into your IEP meetings and share it with your entire team, evidencing that all students perform better academically, socially, and behaviorally in inclusive settings – those with disabilities and their general education peers.
Inclusion isn’t a practice that schools can choose to adopt or reject
Since inclusion isn’t a choice – even though you might be led to believe it is at times – the Inspired Advocate Program really empowers you to advocate for what you desire, and what’s legally yours.
Become an Inspired Advocate today.
The Inspired Advocate Program
These Seven videos deliver knowledge and expertise about Inclusion in an easy to access format that will help you address the many daily issues we face inside the school systems.
With this course, you will:
- Enter your IEP meeting with the confidence that comes from knowledge and support
- Know, and be able to clearly articulate, your desired outcomes in ways that the school system can understand, and that are supported by the law
- Have the key relevant resources and research that support inclusion
- Know the best practices that are being used by others to succeed in achieving their desired outcomes
- Be inspired by the examples of those who have successfully advocated for inclusion
- Learn to “speak the language” of the school system
- Go from an outsider during your IEP meeting, to the true advocate and change-agent that you are
How the Program Works
The Inspired Advocate Program is your invitation to join me and an entire community of parents all committed to the opportunity of Inclusive Education.
You’ll get access to a Private Membership Site, where you can:
- Access video lessons whenever you’d like
- Download the Support Tools and Guides for your use as well as to provide to your school staff
- Interact with other parents on our private Facebook group who are dealing with similar issues to share your experiences, share what’s working, and get inspired by each other
The video lessons include:
- A process for creating a vision for your student and family, as well as how to share this in a way that makes a difference to your IEP meeting.
- A guide to organizing and structuring an effective IEP meeting.
- Tools and supports to empower you to assist your school in supporting your student academically
- Tools, structures, and guides for how to work as a team with your school staff
- Important information and guidance about how to support your student with behavioral issues
- What to do if you disagree with the school and when to know if legal action is appropriate
- Where to find resource, guidance and support that will assist you for years to come – long after this course is over
To join me now, just click on the payment option that suits you, and I look forward to meeting you in our online community of advocates!